Sham, dubbed a “Life Coach” and “Wellness Specialist” by many of his clients, has used various methods to connect with his clients and find the deep underlying issues which cause them to not be satisfied with their lives. Sham’s techniques are grounded in being able to educate his clients and provide them with the tools to create and maintain healthy lifestyle changes. These tools form accountability between Sham and his clients in all aspects of their overall wellness. Sham has a lifelong love of fitness and health and believes that the failures of health care require us to adopt our own self care habits and be responsible for ourselves.
After years of study, a litany of classes, multiple certifications, professional memberships, and continued education, Sham’s focus is being concerned primarily with his client’s health challenges by uncovering the root cause. It is his belief that most traditional medicine chooses to mask symptoms by prescribing medications and not finding the true inception of the problem. Sham does not diagnose or treat conditions but instead he helps identify and repair issues with his clients so that they may regain optimal health and wellness. Sham’s approach is simple at finding the complex things which prevent us from achieving the body of our dreams. The goal is to restore the body to the balance and harmony it was intended to enjoy.
Sham launched Inspired Wellness to begin offering an all encompassing approach to obtaining optimal wellness, promoting lifelong changes and permanent results…not quick fixes.
Sham’s Mission Statement
“To educate individuals who are ready to make a change by providing professional, personal, and accessible service using a passion to create awareness and provide knowledge. I desire to change lives by enabling clients to achieve goals and maintain healthy lifestyles. I strive to help my clients achieve a higher level of fitness and well-being through inspiring wellness. My vision is to be the unparalleled leader in the training, education, and motivation of wellness by fulfilling the highest standards for professionalism, dependability and integrity in my business and personal relationships.”
Since 2001, Sham has acquired extensive experience in the health and wellness industry. He has worked in the fields of weight loss, athletics, rehabilitation, and corporate wellness. His entire educational process was geared towards helping others reach their full potential. Having worked as a private trainer since 2001, Sham does what he loves best: educating others on living a healthier lifestyle.
– Participated in a Sports Nutrition internship with Dr. Liz Applegate who teaches the largest nutrition course in the nation at U.C. Davis and has served as the nutritionist for the Sacramento Kings and the Oakland Raiders.
– With Dr. Applegate’s assistance, developed sports nutrition educational materials for the intercollegiate athletic teams at U.C. Davis. In addition, helped design the first personal training program at U.C. Davis through the Activities and Recreation Center.
– Volunteered for the Sacramento City Unified School District’s Nutrition Services where he developed creative ways to educate children. He wrote monthly articles on nutrition for the school newspaper, attended school service programs and fairs where he coordinated a nutrition booth to inform parents and children, designed games, pamphlets, and recipes to help interest children in nutrition. In addition to writing monthly articles for children, Sham also authored various wellness articles for the Sacramento Capitol Weekly Newspaper.
– Has worked with doctors helping patients/clients discover healthy lifestyle habits to help reduce illnesses and diseases and to remove them from medications and (in most cases) be taken completely off medications for blood pressure, cholesterol, diabetes, obesity, depression, anxiety, allergies, polycystic ovaries, and joint pain to name just a few. In addition, Sham has worked with physical therapists and chiropractors helping to rehabilitate patient/clients from former injuries, accidents, surgeries and the aches and pains that are associated with such issues.
– Frequently educates employers, employee benefit consultants, and health and wellness professionals on proven strategies to reduce insurance costs through a healthier workforce. He has held management positions in corporate wellness companies, physician practices, and in managed care organizations. Sham has also been a mentor to other fitness trainers and personally trained these individuals to better their skills and careers.
– Along with currently teaching seminars covering nutrition, wellness, and lifestyle coaching, Sham also sponsored events such as Curtis Park’s “Music in the Park” where he volunteered educational information and displayed sample fitness classes to the public. Sham’s skills helped establish him as a highly sought-after personal trainer. In 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2014 he was voted one of the Top 5 Trainers in the Greater Sacramento Area by KCRA’s “A-List.”
– Sham’s extensive experience has allowed him to work successfully with clients attempting to drop 10 lbs., 50 lbs., 100 lbs. or more. These clients were in need of building and strengthening muscle and/or creating an overall toned and lean body. Sham has also helped clients who have overcome challenges like cancer, double transplants, multiple surgeries, complete reliance on medications and much more.
– From beginners to world class athletes, Sham has helped all types of individuals. His professionalism, top-quality physical fitness training and an unparalleled educational experience is unlike any other trainer and has established him as a true wellness guru.
KCRA “A-List” – Top 6 Fitness Trainer in the Greater Sacramento Area – 2015
KCRA “A-List” – Top 3 Boot Camp in the Greater Sacramento Area – 2015
KCRA “A-List” – Top 5 Fitness Trainer in the Greater Sacramento Area – 2014
WEGO Health Activist Awards – Nominated “Best Kept Secret” – 2013
KCRA “A-List” – Top 5 Fitness Trainer in the Greater Sacramento Area – 2012
Past & Current Education:
- Bachelor of Science – Exercise Biology (Emphasis on Exercise Physiology)
- Bachelor of Science – Nutrition
- University of California Davis
- Specialized courses include
- Introduction to Motor Learning and the Psychology of Sport and Exercise
- Analysis and Control of Human Movement
- Exercise Metabolism
- Environmental Effects on Physical Performance
- Growth and Development in Human Performance
- Exercise and Aging in Health and Disease
- Sport Psychology
- Nutritional Assessment
- Developmental Nutrition
- Nutrition and Immunity
- Control of Food Intak
National Academy of Sports Medicine Certified Personal Trainer (NASM)
National Council on Strength and Fitness (NCSF)
Apex Certified Fitness Professional